Education and Events
- This event has passed.
RTFC – Read the Full Contract – A Deep Dive into CCDC 2 – VILT
July 15 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
RTFC – Read the Full Contract – A Deep Dive into CCDC 2
Course Description: 80% of the people managing Construction Contracts do not read, do not understand or are not following the Construction Contract in place between the two organizations! This creates problems for both the Owner and the Contractor as well as the other participants involved with the project (Consultant, Subcontractors, Sub-Subcontractors and Suppliers).
The Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) and the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) publishes standard contracts and guides for the Construction Industry.
In this workshop the bidding process will be reviewed (Expression of Interest (EOI), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), Contract A, Contract B), the difference between a Letter of Intent and Letter of Award (one of which one is simply an agreement to agree) and the terms and conditions of the CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Construction Contract.
This course provides training on how to plan and schedule field activities efficiently.
- CCDC-00 – Guide to Use of CCDC Master Specification for Division 00 – Procurement and Contracting Requirements
- CCDC-10 – A Guide to Construction Project Delivery Methods
- CCDC-20 – Guide to the use of CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract
- CCDC-23 – Guide to the Call and Awarding of Construction Contracts
- CCDC-21 – Guide to Construction Insurance
- CCDC-22 – Guide to Construction Surety Bonds
- CCDC-24 – Guide to Model Forms
- CCDC-29 – Guide to Prequalification
- CCDC-40 – Rules for Mediation and Arbitration of Construction Industry Disputes
- CCA 53 – A Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
Who Should Attend: Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Construction Managers, Superintendents, General Foremen, Foremen and Estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for Contractors and Sub-Contractors in all segments of the Construction Industry.
Your Presenter: Anyone whose work is described in construction contracts: Owners, Consultants, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Superintendents and Estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop.